Someone asked me, "what makes it good?" This made me take a moment to gather my thoughts on the new creation...
I built the first one for myself and I can't put it down(that says alot). Here are my thoughts on this new instrument.
"Why is it good??"
1. the availability of more notes adds an extreme amount of depth to the experience.
2. even though it's wide, it's THIN and has a lot of sound.
3. I used two different thicknesses on this drum. I designed it with the concepts behind djembes/bongos. The top(playing surface) is thin while the bottom(resonating chamber) is thicker. The sound is sharp.
4.The note arrangement is designed for speed and playability. In one swift motion you can make your way up and down the scale with no trouble. If I had placed the lows on one end and the highs on the other, there would have been too much travel time. The arrangement also allows the formation of tri-chords using the index(high) thumb(low) and middle(low)
5. it looks slick; fits right under your arm like a laptop.
6. I'm selling it for pretty much the same price as the 12" and it's fully customizable!